View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 07-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #1314
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Re: Last movies you saw

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition. I've seen it before, of course, but its been a few years. TTT was always my least favorite of both the books (I always have to force my way through it; I've actually been "in the middle" of reading it for a few months now) and the movies, but it almost seemed like a mess coming in to it for the first time in so long. There didn't really seem to be precise purpose to the film itself, other than get to Return of the King.

The Rohan plot is fine and is the best of the movie and the book. It feels like a "side quest," but the characters and situation is interesting and the Battle of Helm's Deep is, well, a cool battle. The Ents are cool and they serve a necessary purpose to the plot, but, again, it just feels like a side story until they actually take down Saruman (spoiler alert). Frodo and Sam's story is dullsville even though its really "Plot A."

Anyway, the movie is entertaining enough. It just seems like a bit of a mess. Directionless. Its better than the book, though (at least, better than "Book 4" of "The Two Towers" being the second volume of The Lord of the Rings; "Book 3" is fine).-

Current Review: Xenogears