Re: I was surprised
Old 05-24-2020, 02:30 PM   #26
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: I was surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
Yup... my only consolation is that my young, stupid years were spent on a small gaming forum instead of something more public like Facebook.

I do kind of hate that Reddit and Discord killed the classic forum though. They're just not the same.
Couldn't agree more on both accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkasa
I've been on reddit for 7 years this year. I don't actually know anyone on reddit. Its all randos.
I spend way too much time on reddit but even so it is really just random people. No sense of community at all. Primarily use it for entertainment based news.

Speaking of, just joined the GT subreddit. One post from four years ago. Better than I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFire
i legit don't understand how people actually communicate on twitter. it's too chaotic and moves too fast.
BreakABone is the only person I know who uses Twitter to communicate with people as if it were a forum. I don't know how he does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFire
yeah, classic forums can't be replaced, imo. i'm somewhat active on another forum, but mostly use it to read on politics and gaming news. i also use twitter but i don't really post anything.
After GameTavern kind of died, I joined a comic book forum for artists, and within a couple years that too is just slightly more active than this one. I really miss forums.

I barely use twitter, though last week I had an actor I don't remember from the Walking Dead retweet a picture I drew of Conan O'Brien's penis. That was...that was something.

Last edited by Teuthida : 05-24-2020 at 02:39 PM.