Old 02-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #1270
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
Fargo
Fine. Seemed a little weird to introduce the hero so far in. Guess she would have just been going about normal police work before things went down, being a true story and all, rather than tie in some other way.
Fargo is one of my favorite movies ever. As with most of the Coen brother films...it is really just a black, black comedy with some hilarious social commentary and interesting people on screen. Also, the cinematography is OUTSTANDING. There are a couple of long shots out on the highway that are just spectacular.

I'm a film and music geek...and I would put Fargo in my top 100 for sure. Easy. The music is outstanding too:

William H. Macy is awesome too. I love that guy.

Anywayyyyy....

Moneyball - This was really good. I think it captures the spirit of sports and why people love the game. Brad Pitt is always interesting on screen, and the guy is always eating food in his movies! I swear he talks to the directors about eating food on screen. Check this out:

Brad Pitt, ALWAYS EATS FOOD IN HIS FILMS!!!!!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - This movie did nothing for me. It didn't capture any social or racial justice like the original films, and it didn't have any particularly dark or unique twists. Other than that, it was a standard "good film." Worth seeing, probably on DVD, but I wouldn't seek it out again.

Repo Men - Terrible. This movie sucked. I think what pisses me off the most is that the ending is a carbon copy rip off of Brazil. And I'm pretty sure the "trick ending" is the only reason people are giving this movie good reviews. This is a muddled, messy, disjointed, poorly put together film that meanders, has no direction, and cannot figure out if it is Blade or some dark dystopian social commentary. Avoid this piece of crap and just go watch Brazil which is a much more interesting and funny film.

How can you NOT want to watch a movie which features this soundtrack:

But yeah. Repo Men has flashes of black comedy...flashes of horror...flashes of dystopian social commentary. But it never really unifies or pulls together one theme. The ending is a ripoff and just feels like a cheap tack-on to boost the movies "intellectual chops." The cinematography is whack. You get some close up and creepy horror shots, and Matrix/Blade style action shots. Really, just avoid this piece of crap and go watch Brazil, Blade, The Matrix, and Minority Report.

So yeah. That's my movie roundup for the night.

Last edited by KillerGremlin : 02-07-2012 at 06:04 AM.