Re: First Presidential Debate
Old 10-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: First Presidential Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
As for Pres. Obama, he didn't look like he wanted to be there, and missed several opportunities to swing at lobbed softballs. Dems better hope he was simply tired, and that this isn't a strategy. If it's strategy, he's in trouble.
I agree with you 100%. But one of my co workers brought up an interesting point...

He thinks that Obama was baiting Romney into talking too much on purpose, so the media can discuss what Romney said and debunk it themselves. He compared it to a boxing match where someone's using a 'rope a dope' strategy, and letting them win the first rounds.

To me it didn't seem like it is a strategy, but only time will tell. So far the fact checkers have dinged Romney much more for inaccurate information than Obama.

And as I expected, Obama got dinged for not telling the 'complete truth' about jobs growth in his time in office. But like I said, I think a better strategy then ignoring what happened in the first 10 months of his presidency would be to blame it on the republican and Bush ran congress. Anyone with any sense can't blame him for 750k jobs being lost per month as he was being sworn in. The unemployment rate sky rocketed to 10% in that first year, and its back down to like 8% now.