Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 11-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #212
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
Overall I think they finally have the story back on track. I'm just wondering when zombie Otis shows up with bullet holes in him...
You should send this to the directors/writers...I don't think they are smart enough to go down that path. Would be effing brilliant though.

The tone has finally taken that much needed turn towards the dark. We haven't seen anything remotely dark since Days Gone Bye. Or the Season 1 premier. The show moved towards dark with Shane and Otis. Overall I agree...it seems the show is "back on track" or on pace for something good.

I'm still curious how they are going to integrate Rick back into a central character role. And I believe they said no Governor this Season...but right now I am 100% sure that Merle and Daryl would be horrible roles for the Governor.

I still think Michonne shows up, even if Daryl has elements of her.

Apparently AMC has really raped the show's budget. I find this ironic, because people are using that as an excuse for some of the shoddy writing. BaB thinks the irony is that the last episode focused on Daryl, a character not in the comic. I think that the real irony is that the best scene in the entire second season 2 cost peanuts. I can't imagine they spent much to shoot the Daryl cliff scene.

Proof that you can make kick ass character drama on a short budget. "Bottle Episodes" as they are called are common in TV.