Re: No mohammed discussion?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #31
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: No mohammed discussion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
I'm not sure where this Good/Bad straw man came from, as I never said the religion was good or bad. I questioned the validity of the belief using a scientific and now legal approach.
You alluded to "If 1 billion people are wrong" which I took as a direct statement to Muslims, opposed to a comparison of 1 billion people on some other topic.

Quote:
but then I'd ask you to prove the existence of Allah.
Prove God doesn't/Prove he does. Blah blah blah. That's circular and retarded.
And yes, I'm aware the absence of proof isn't proof.
And for the record, I am not religious, so I have no stake in any of this.

Quote:
No, it wouldn't. In fact early Christians or whoever fucked a lot of good stuff up. Word in the history books is Alexander the Great had a library full of information that was burned to the ground by fundamentalists, information that was recently rediscovered as early as just a few hundred years ago. It wasn't until Copernicus got the wheels of science rolling again that people realized how bad the anti-science mentality from religion was. This is totally subjective, of course.
No, I agree with you.
What I was getting at was that hundreds and hundreds of years ago the world was flat (as far as everyone knew), making the statement of "The world is flat" a 'fact', until proven otherwise. So to think the world was flat in an age where the world was depicted to be flat wouldn't be wrong, or crazy. By our standards, completely.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.