Re: New Watchmen Trailer
Old 03-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #83
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: New Watchmen Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
I think that goes hand in hand with them not showing Veidt's cat thingie before hand as it was part of his experimentation or whatever.

But I agree on some notes with KG, but he interrupted the ending a tad bit different as I always felt that Manhatthan returned because he kind of knew the inevitable, sure he was unable to see the future at that point.

Also, I think he leaves Silk Spectre because he sees that Nite Owl can offer her something he can not.

And I don't think Veidt is told outright that his plan will fail just that the struggle may always happen and what he did was for nigh.
I think there is a lot of implication in the novel that Adrian's plan is only a temporary solution......and bless the novel, because in the novel Adrian actually has emotion and some regret towards what he did. In the movie he destroyed several major cities killing way more poeple and he kinda had a smug supervillain persona going the whole time.

I agree blue balls returned because it was inevitable....and i agree he left silk spectre because he sees night owl can offer her something he cannot: something human.

I think Mr. Zach Snyder could have screwed it up in a much worse way so after sleeping on this one for a night (literally) I'm fairly pleased. The source material is epic, and there has been a lot of protest towards making this film. Snyder was mostly faithful to the comic, the visuals were amazing, a lot of the story was told........it's silly to complain too much. Hopefully the Director's Cut or the DVD will have the original ending or a really really good explanation why the ending wasn't chosen.