View Single Post

Re: LOST (Almost) Tonight: (2/2 - "LA X")
Old 02-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #14
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS
Default Re: LOST (Almost) Tonight: (2/2 - "LA X")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
Not everything spiritual in nature has to conform to Judeo-Christian lore. The statue Jacob was under is the Egyptian goddess of birth, rebirth and the northern sky. Jacob and Smokey are physical nature. I mean, Jacob had a ghost after dying. Do angels have ghosts? Although the part about going home I can see. Home could also just be the temple the Jacob tribe is protecting. They might even be aliens for all we know....four toed aliens...and the temple is a spaceship/warp portal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Also, Teuthida, that's true. It could very well be that Jacob and Nemesis have influenced past religions / cultures across different times, and the end is only culminating now under a Judeo-Christian worldview.
Ahh I like these ideas. Remember the quote when we first met Jacob:

"They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same." --Man in black
"It only ends once. Everything that comes before is just progress." --Man in white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Interesting observation here. Locke's description of his alleged walkabout was very similar to how one would describe one's time on the island to a complete stranger.
Interesting observation -- do you have a hypothesis leading from that?