Old 03-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: Texas Conservatives Win Curriculum Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
What's the irony, exactly?
I hate that I have to explain this. When a liberal makes a statement that reality has a liberal bias, don't you think that liberal might be biased?

Quote:
Whenever I use the statement, I'm referring to the fact that throughout history, conservative ideas have always been the ones to fall to the wayside.
If "history" is 100 years, then I'd tend to agree with you to a point, and that only depends if you refer to modern liberalism or classical liberalism. If the government promises people something for nothing, I would tend to think people would support such an ideology. JFK was a classical liberal and he believed in individualism and cut taxes. Modern liberals I would call "leftists".

But I would also point out that fascism and communism also fell to the wayside in brutal fashion, both leftist ideals/end points.

If you can say anything about reality is biased, its a centrist bias, as we have continually fluctuated between left and right concepts once going to far to either side becomes uncomfortable/intolerable; a constant search for that mythical happy medium. Most people don't like either leftist or conservative ideology in total, and I think that's a good thing. Centrism is probably the only thing that prevents out Republic from turning into a totalitarian state.

Last edited by Professor S : 03-21-2010 at 09:45 AM.