Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #68
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: New Watchmen Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
Looking forward to that 3.5+ hour Watchmen DVD with all the added Black Freighter Animated story scenes, Hollis death, etc. All in all, I don't think a better movie adaptation of Watchmen could've been made. I mean really, you can get all nerded up and bicker about shit till the cow's come home, but at the end of the day, it was the bloody Watchmen in movie form and it rocked.
I know will get some upset, probably not here, but they could have modernized it a bit. I mean some of the ideas are a bit dated or have been done to death in recent comic book movies, which is why I guess this does not stand out as much.

Also on Professor's point, and I hate to keep harping on the ending, but it removes a human element to it, I think. Sure we now have Nite Owl II witnessing the death of his friend, but in that we lose out on Veidt questioning his own decision, Dr. Manhatthan losing his final bite of humanity when he finds Silk Spectre/Nite Owl together, and well the carnage of the exploding beast instead of a bomb.

Due to the story being cut, we also lose the newsstand/customer hugging, we get the scene, but we don't know the characters. What's the point?

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away