View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #343
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Vamp, I thought the same thing last night. I'm not a fan of Lincoln's portrayal as Rick. He's kind of like a pensive mannequin. Very one note so far, but Shane being his foil has really helped make him more interesting. Looking at the previews for the following week, though, hopefully the character breaks out a bit.

I'm getting the feeling the show is going to kill off a few more people next week. I see most of Hershel's family, including Hershel, biting it with Maggie being he sole survivor (saved by Glen). What's interesting is that this will leave the group relatively weak against the Governor next season unless they pick up some new characters. I'd rather they develop whoever remains, though.

One day I'd love to hear an explanation of why certain aspects of the show were changed. Example: In the book Carl kills Shane to save his father, and that is a pretty big moment in his life that you could say defines his character and sets a huge expectation for the new world everyone lives in. Having Rickkill Shane must have been a conscious decision, and I'm curious as to why they make their choices. I'm not complaining, I'd just like to know.

Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet: How does zombie Randall, with a broken neck, walk or chase characters? If the disease affects the brain, and the spinal chord is severed, wouldn't the zombie be just as paralyzed as the human who died? That's my trivial complaint for the week.