Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Haha, Michael Bay? Are you serious?
Not even remotely.

Quote:
You talk about "realism", but I don't watch a show to watch some terrible philosophers hemming and hawing about "what life is like now" or that "the world is not the same anymore." We know! You've told us about 50 different times in the last few episodes.
I know where you're coming from. I wasn't saying dialogue-heavy is what I really want or anything like that. But...real life is pretty boring and mundane. We may not hum and haw about philosophy in our daily lives, but on a daily basis most people do a whole heap of sweet fuck all. I imagine if zombies were around in the real world, all regular people would do is find a place to get safe with a group of likeminded people, so they can sit around and do a whole heap of sweet fuck all in safety.

Quote:
Anyway, just as you can't seem to accept why we complain about it, I'm just as shocked that you want to defend it so much.
The reason I can't seem to accept it is because there are far more complaints than positives for the majority of you, or at least close to 50/50. I'm also including other sites into that. I just see so much negativity towards the show, and very little positive feedback (aside from ratings). It's almost like I can never talk about what I like in the show, because someone somewhere (Again, I don't really mean this forum) will tell me why that scene sucked to them, or why it was better in the comic, or how they could have done it better. (I'm aware I'm just doing the opposite of that, haha). I always feel the need to defend the little guy, that's why I'm usually in the minority of all discussions. I may not always completely agree with whatever I'm defending, but I think everything at least deserves a fair look from every perspective, you know.

And in a thread full of (or containing) people talking about things they don't like about the show after every episode, I feel the equal need to express how I find very little flaw with it, and why - maybe that will allow other people to enjoy the show as much as I do, without thinking about it with negativity. Without looking down on it with a "Fuck, this had so much potential", and instead just enjoy the ride. To think about what may come, rather than what could have been. It just seems like so many people [outside of this thread, too - I mean] expected this to be so many things it wasn't to them. Maybe it's because I'd never heard about The Walking Dead until a week before the first TV episode aired, so I entered in entirely ignorant to everything, hadn't talked about it with anyone (Comics? Puffaw) , didn't know what to expect from anything in any way (and still really don't). And I personally love the fact that the show is slathered in metaphors, for now.

Now, of course there are things I don't like with the show. Most of it stems from horrible camera cuts, bad child acting, and that horrible suicidal chick who should have killed herself so she wouldnt ever get more lines. (I feel so bad for her that that scene will be on her acting reel. I legitimately felt embarrassed for that actress) And when I dislike something with the show, I definitely do mention it. I just really do dislike very little with the show, and it pains me that others find such subjective flaws with something I subjectively find so little in.

Edit: Oh, so thats what it looks like when I say the same thing in 4 giant paragraphs.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.