View Single Post

Re: LOST 5/11 "Across the Sea"
Old 05-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #8
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: LOST 5/11 "Across the Sea"

Magic would be fine if they set it up. Up until now the show's been sci-fi in nature for the most part. Throwing everything out as magic when there' 2 eps left is bad storytelling. Now the "magic light" is electromagnetism of some sort but they obliviously didn't know that back then.

What annoys me to no end is the magic wine that grants immortality and magic powers, and the mother just magically making it so the boys can't kill each other.

And the whole MIB being "special" thing would be been ok if they ever took the time to explain Walt or Aaron's specialness. MIB being special in this case is the writers saying "we don't have to explain shit."

"The wheel when stuck in the light makes you travel. I know this because I'm special." That's the writers calling the viewers stupid.

From a recent interview:

Quote:
You've said many times that when people find out who Adam and Eve are, we'll all realize just how long you've been planning the mythology. Well, I went back and watched the "House of the Rising Sun" scene, and Jack says that the clothing looks like it's 50 years old. Is he just not very good at calculating the rate of decay on fabric?

CC: Jack is not really an expert in carbon dating.

DL: He's not really a forensic anthropologist. We need to bring in Bones.

CC: Or Charlotte. She's an anthropologist.

DL: The other theory that I would like to throw out there is that Jacob and his mother were just expert craftsmen. They made those clothes on that loom so well, it would appear that they were only 50 years old in decomposition, when in fact it's several thousand.

CC: Or perhaps the fabric is magic. A lot of theories there, Alan.
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...across-the-sea

And yet in another interview with Wired a month or two ago they said flat out they had no idea what they were doing that first season and only started to create a bigger story once they realized the show would continue.

Last edited by Teuthida : 05-13-2010 at 07:53 AM.