View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #339
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Without spoiling anything, the next location they end up staying in comic timeline-wise, they stay there for a long time. Out of everything created so far in the comics, I think one third of the comics is set in one location.

I'm with Sean. People would crave stability and safety over everything else. I'm sure the season will end with the farm no longer being a viable place to stay.

The first season felt like it was about reaction and a building sense of hope that they could get to the safe place, or find the guy who had the cure.

This season is about accepting that there is no going back. There's no Fort Benning where they'll be safe and protected. There's no scientists at the CDC who can make it all better. This whole season to me has been about the death of hope and coming to terms with the world as it is now, and figuring out how to behave in it.

You can't tell that story when it's a story about getting from point A to point B. Where the heck would they even go? To me the story they're telling right now is more interesting than just trying to get to the next objective.

If the show feels directionless, that might be a reflection of how the characters are feeling.

Edit: Also, I'm surprised. I feel I'm generally more critical of tv and films than most of you since I frequently bitch about bad acting/pacing/storytelling but for whatever reason I don't seem to have the same complaints everyone else does. I suppose that it's just that what I like is vastly different from what normal people like. I never have much to bitch about when I watch this show. Even my fiance was bored when the pace slowed down, but I've always been really happy with the show.