View Single Post

Re: Resident Evil: Afterlife
Old 04-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #8
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:
Default Re: Resident Evil: Afterlife

Your source seems to be Wikipedia and IMDB which are not exactly rigorous paragons of journalistic integrity. She may "practice" martial arts but that doesn't mean she's any good at them. Anybody can say they practice martial arts if they go to a few classes every week, but that doesn't mean they know anything about fighting. I know three martial arts. I have friends who are MMA fighters. We would all tell you that Jovovich's stance and the fundamentals of her technique are all wrong. Now if you had told me that Milla Jovovich has certified rank from an instructor I know about, that would be one thing. But as it is, I'm sticking with my opinion. She's pretending to know martial arts, but she doesn't actually.

Also, I don't know what you think Sarah Michelle Gellar has to do with any of this. Or Wesley Snipes. I'm aware that they are accomplished martial artists in real life (although I'd say Wesley Snipes much more so than Sarah Michelle Gellar). They certainly don't prove that all women cast in action movies know martial arts. Uma Thurman in Kill Bill? Carrie-Ann Moss is the Matrix movies? Almost everybody in the Dead or Alive movie? Angelina Jolie in everything she's done? They all "trained in martial arts in order to prepare for the role."

And Ailce is still a frakking Mary Sue.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed