BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
I added The Spy Who Loved Me.

Live and Let Die is a personal favorite of mine...from the theme song, to the car and boat chase, to the awkward and cheesy race relations. I think it's a fun film. Plus...Baron Samedi.

You Only Live Twice is -- in my opinion -- underrated. Plus, the end is what gets parodied in the Simpsons, making it semi-essential nerd viewing. Plus I love the theme song again, and the gimmick (Bond dying) is good. I thought Skyfall sort of revisited some of the themes.

Man With The Golden Gun is perhaps a dull film...I just like Christopher Lee. Plus, it establishes the Golden Gun mythos.

I like OHMSS...I don't know how essential it is, just because it was in a lot of ways a one-off. The constant actor changes with Blofeld is annoying, imo.
I also like The Spy Who Loved Me, but if I was to recommend a single Moore film, it would be for Your Eyes Only.

I think Live and Let Die is a fun film as well. Great score. And yeah, the whole racial thing is just bizarre to watch now, but makes for a very unique setting/villains for the franchise thus far.

YOLT.. is iffy.. it has a lot of goofy elements that I love.. the jet pack, Little Nellie, the lair in a volcano, the ninjas and the likes.. but we shall say it's more near the top middle for me.

I can't in good faith ever recommend the Man with a Golden Gun to anyone!

And I love OHMSS because it's one off.. it feels so vastly different from the entire franchise, partially because of that and how toned down it is.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away