View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #398
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
if Rick knew that dead people come back as zombies, why was he sitting pretty mindlessly on top of Shane. It doesn't matter though. He mentioned he wasn't sure he believed the CDC guy anyway.

A) His son was right behind him and he had just murdered his best friend. I doubt "Hold on a moment, son - I've got to decapitate the warm corpse of my former best friend before he re-animates and attempts to kills us both. I'm just assuming this will happen at this point, though. But you've got to be sure, even though I have no proof yet!" would be on the tip of his tongue opposed to "Holy fuck, I need to make sure my son wasn't emotionally scarred from possibly seeing his father stab his best friend."

B) But really You argued against yourself the best:

Quote:
He mentioned he wasn't sure he believed the CDC guy anyway.
-----

To those who know: How was the scene of them hacking that dead guy up in the comics a comedy bit?

I think the scene was handled well in the show, I can't imagine how something that heavy could have some "hahas" in there, especially when the tone of the show is clearly not a comedy. Granted I never saw the "first incarnation" of that scene when it was...comedy - but the fact they went over the emotional distress they were having with the fact the people they're murdering and the corpse they're about to desecrate was once a real person just like them was good enough, if not better than any type of comedy I could imagine - especially when placed into this show; which has had very little to no intentional laughs in it.

When I think back to that scene I don't think "Fuck, I wish I was laughing right now at them chopping this guy up", I think "Fuck, hacking up a dead human being and putting his guts all over my body would be fucking hard as shit to have to cope with doing."
Maybe that's just because I can't see the comedy in the show, because it's not a comedy. Maybe the comic was a comedy, or had comedy. Maybe the show isn't intended to have any, and is supposed to be a juxtaposition of the comic - like a more hardcore 'real world' version; especially considering from what I've heard from those who've read it - is that a lot of key things in this are entirely different, if not the exact opposite of what they were in the comics. But I didn't read the comic. I just watch the show. Maybe comedy is what the zombie-infested world is missing. Maybe that's the cure for the disease, and they're all infected because nobody is laughing, right?! Solved it. Comedy

Edit: I've also never heard of Dead Set, but I'll try to check it out this weekend. I am intrigued.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.