View Single Post

Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]
Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]

Keep in mind that "Mostly in rage" part.

I was watching the BBC early this morning, and they showed a clip of her saying something to the effect of "We need to do what's right for our people, and our voters".

That right there made me think about the difference between the two groups, Republicans and Democrats. Democrats view the US as a divided country, where everyone is an American. Republicans view the US as a shrinking corporation where half the people aren't Republicans.

It was the "OUR" people/voters part that got to me (and clearly what I focused on). It's sort of like she's getting away on semantics with openly saying "Fuck everyone who doesn't agree with us, we're going to do what's right for the people who voted for us, rather than everyone in the country. Fuck those guys."

I think that is the major problem in your country right now. As bad as Republicans are in this sense [Republicans first rather than Everyone at the same time], I'm pretty sure that in the past they at least gave a little squirt of a shit about the rest of the country (The democratic part).

But now; now all they care about is beating the black guy who has control of their country. It's as if now they view the Democratic voters as ________-loving God-haters. They had clips from regular Republicans; an old man saying "we need to elect the person who can beat Barrack Obama", and a young girl (maybe woman, but she looked 17ish) "I really agree with his [Rick Santorum] views against gay marriage. I agree with that."

That is the Republican voter? People who want to elect someone who won't better a country, but will rather beat the other guy? Or someone who will remove the last 5 years of social progression in your country? It's not a fucking game. It's like the dumb people (I'm not removing Democrats from this) do just view it as a "This guy vs that guy" game, and don't even give a shit about what the effect that person will have on your country as a whole will actually be.

Yes, I'm aware not all Republicans are like that, and there are more moderate ones. Just as not all democrats are pot-smoking hippies who took liberal arts and dropped out of college before starting their own organic fruit juice company.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.