Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #473
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
I have officially quit watching it. I watched the first two episodes of this season, and they were so boring I just quit.
It really has not improved, despite some of the positive comments here. I typed up my rant and deleted it because I don't care that much, but this season feels a lot like the last season...same inconsistent pacing, all the suspense is because characters are doing the dumbest things possible, etc.

They introduced a bunch of new characters so those characters can be killed off, everyone seems to have forgotten about The Governor.... the zombie suspense is forced too, and it shows up like clockwork every episode or two so the network/writers can fill their forced zombie attack quota.

You'd figure if the Governor was coming back they would establish the prison as a utopia. Instead people are dying from a plague...which should be a very insignificant concern in a prison of all places (don't the doors lock?). The fences are falling apart (WTF?), and worst of all, everyone seems oblivious to The Governor. Honestly, the prison seems like a pretty unsafe place to be at this point. Why wouldn't you get the fuck out of dodge and go somewhere else?

To top it all off, new survivors keep showing up so they can die in the same episode (usually during a trip to suburbia or the forest), and for some reason the car manufactures continue to make new models of cars in this zombie apocalypse and supply them to our team of survivors. What a luxury. Why not move into the car factory, I bet it has nice amenities than the prison.

I turn this show on and sort of half-watch it while I read Reddit and catch up on the news, but I don't dedicate an hour in front of my TV.

It's just mediocre. That's the word I'd use. A combination of bad and disappointing. So much wasted potential squandered with budget cuts and poorly paced episodes, and horrible writing. This:

http://www.yourmoviesucks.org/2013/0...-1-part-1.html

http://www.yourmoviesucks.org/2013/1...-1-part-2.html

I keep saying it...this show would have been better if they kept the 6-10 episodes per season format, didn't do this mid season finale bullshit, didn't cut the budget, and didn't fire the show's fucking creator.

I hope the reboot sucks less.