View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 11-10-2010, 05:02 AM   #48
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Personally, I think the show is pretty great.
I like the fact it makes constant suspenseful moments, with no shock-screaming after a long silent pause. The tense moment just transitions into a completely mundane thing. Like in the first episode when he was walking down the dark stairway.

I think the main actor is a great actor, to be honest. With the other actors, when I see someone do something that 'stands out', I force myself to think "It's a hypothetical zombie apocalypse, who am I to judge how someone would react in this situation", and it seems to ease my mind.

I really have no major complaints against the show. I like the fact the zombies aren't soulless, brainless, plodding lumps of meat. That's not scary anymore. If the zombies can't break a window or open a door, and when they do they walk into walls at a seemingly painfully slow pace - well, you can practically live forever, fear-free. And that wouldn't make for a very suspenseful or 'scary' TV experience. "Oh, the zombies are in the park again. Be sure to eat your filet mignon a little faster than normal so we can pack up the picnic and head home at a brisk, yet not taxing pace."
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.