View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #464
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

I don't get the pacing of this show at all.

It was a huge mistake to sit down Rick and the Governor before the showdown. The entire Andrea story arc has been a huge mistake. The Governor is probably one of the most inconsistently written characters on the show...which makes no sense because he is one of the most distinguished characters from the comics.

The writers have made it unclear if the Governor is just jaded like Rick, and upset over not doing enough to protect/save his daughter. Or is he a crazy, sociopathic mother fucker, that keeps heads in fish tanks and has no problem gunning down innocent people. Or is the Governor just pissed off because of Michonne?

The finale and showdown was wholly unsatisfying, and also kind of boring. =/ What didn't make any sense to me is that Caesar just stood there while the Governor started gunning down innocent Woodbury folks. Especially after that scene from the last episode where Caesar and Daryl finger-fucked each other over a cigarette. Evidently that scene had no real point in terms of character development for Caesar.

What didn't work for me was the stuff with Andrea. There was no suspense there, because I don't particularly care about her character. It's not that I don't feel bad for her, I do. I just think her character is poorly developed/written.

So where was the suspense? What are the stakes? What was the big surprise? Why am I supposed to care about Season 4?

In the end, this show is AMC's cash cow. It's making a TON of money. It's getting a ton of views. People were complaining that they kept playing commercials every 5 minutes. I wouldn't know because I don't watch live TV anymore, but I believe it.

Either way, I still enjoy the show when it occasionally is in stride, so I'll probably tune in to Season 4 come this October.