Re: First Presidential Debate
Old 10-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: First Presidential Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
If this is the plan, it's a mistake. Americans can't stand weakness, and regardless of his advantage of having a cheerleader media behind him, Pres. Obama looked weak and that will work against him with voters on a subconscious level. He needs to be aggressive next round or he might be done. Romney has already closed the gap, or moved slightly ahead, in many swing states. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll
It may be, time will tell. I don't even know if it's even a strategy at this point...

Quote:
It' actually below 8%, but most serious analysts continue to believe our employment situation is getting worse, not better. The problem is the unemployment rate on surveys those who are actively searching for work. If you follow the labor participation rate, we are at the lowest point since 1980 or so. As the graph below shows, participation has continued to plummet under Pres. Obama. http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

What is the reason why participation has dropped while unemployment has gotten better? People have given up, and/or their unemployment benefits have expired. I won't even get into underemployment or forced early retirement...
What do those percentages stand for? I clicked on your link and it said database unavailable. I'm ASSUMING it stands for percentage of americans who are actively looking for work over time (and I'm not sure if the pool is the total poulation of the US, or they limit it by age, or exclude people going to school etc etc).

I'd like to see a graph of that going back to the 90's. It's hard to put a 2% drop in perspective without knowing what was happening before he got elected.