Re: No mohammed discussion?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #50
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: No mohammed discussion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
I do. I also have Muslim non-friends, as I roomed with someone who was Muslim and found the experience to be jarring. It was a socially jarring experience more than anything, although my roommate was a pretty devout Muslim...I'm not saying there is any correlation, but a lot of his social behavior would not fly in normal social settings. Fortunately, he put himself in very selective social settings among fellow Muslims and friends who shared his social quirks.

WHAT SOCIAL QUIRKS DARE I SPEAK OF???!?!?!

Well for one, he had an incredibly condescending attitude towards women. Just the way he treated me alone vs. me and my girlfriend or my girlfriend was astounding. I realize he is first generation American as his parents were fresh off the boat, and he is hardcore Muslim, but regardless.

There were other things, but since I'm moving forward in a highly anecdotal direction I will stop now.
Cool story bro. (Whee, I can do that too.)

Quote:
There's like 1.5 billion people that practice Islam, making it the second largest practiced religion behind Christianity. And your statement is full of assumptions and "so whats?"
We're talking about the U.S. That's 0.6% as of 2008. Compared to 76% practicing Christians.

Quote:
Cool story bro, I have something better than empathy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_A...s_Constitution
Westboro Church is covered under the First Admendment. Doesn't make what they say right. You're allowed to bear arms as well. Does that make bringing assault rifles to a health care debate justifiable? There are rights and then there's using your brain.

And AGAIN, I didn't see the South Park ep and could have been fine. I just didn't like where the Draw Mohammed Day thing might end up. Seems like an excuse for racist ignorant people to let loose.

Last edited by Teuthida : 04-27-2010 at 12:08 PM.