View Single Post

Re: Occupy Wallstreet
Old 11-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #19
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Occupy Wallstreet

Quote:
You're probably going to say being our neighbor has its downsides, many of which I would agree with, but the pros far outweigh the cons.
I'm not arguing otherwise. In fact I pretty much agree 100%. Nothing that makes me think "Man, fuck those guys.", just as I'd think there's nothing about being South of Canada that makes Americans say "Man, Fuck those guys." There aren't many downsides other than cultural influence (But even then, who the fuck cares). But we even have laws to counteract American influence. (CanCon for example. Radio stations have to dedicate at least 30% of it's music to Canadian Musicians in everything they play.)

Don't get me wrong, I've never said I've had any qualms with living North of the US, nor am I really negative to the country itself, and rather the corruption that resides within it. But again, to be fair - I don't like corruption in general. it's not like when it happens in Canada I turn a blind eye to how much it disgusts me that people are capable of being so greedy; but we're just overflowing with your news channels. And it's much, much easier to critique another country than your own. ;P I'm well aware that my country is practically equally as bureaucratic and corrupt. Our leaders in Canada love their committees and paperwork.

Plus Your military means I don't need a big one. I enjoy that. It means we can spend our money on things like healthcare, and poor people.

But this has gotten way, way off-topic. My bad.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.