View Single Post

Re: Final Fantasy Megathread
Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #104
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Now Playing: Borderlands 2, DKCR3D, TLoU: Remastered
Default Re: Final Fantasy Megathread

Crystal Chronicles was an odd beast. I wanted to get into it but it felt bland. Then I found out it's supposed to primarily be a multiplayer game using the GBA link cables and it made more sense.

The guy that made Crystal Chronicles and the SaGa games however actually acknowledged that none of the games he's made are actually good. I can find the interview and quote it right now as a matter of fact.

http://www.largeprimenumbers.com/article.php?sid=saga

Quote:
So suffice it to say that I hold in my heart the deepest respect for Akitoshi Kawazu when I say that his games all, historically, suck long and hard. Kawazu himself, now seventeen years older and more mature than the man who made Final Fantasy II a bloody mess in the name of experimentation, told Famitsu's Hirokazu Hamamura in an interview back in April, "Yeah, I'm aware that the games I've made have never been, you know . . . good." I read this sentence in a 7-Eleven in Minami-Senju, and my knees buckled. Wow. Wow, I thought. The man's last game was Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, an utter mess that, at first glance, seems to mean well, though in the end, it doesn't.
Well it wasn't an interview, but more of a review of Romancing SaGa, which (hey! Guess what?) sucked too.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4790-6369