View Single Post

Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff
Old 04-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
uber_paddler
Sony Whore

Now Playing: Persona 4, just like you should be.
Default Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff

So, yeah, noticed there wasn't really an anime-centric thread around here, and I figured I can't be the only one here who watches the stuff, so here's a thread to talk about it. Or maybe there are some of you who want to try some, but don't know where to start. You could start here. I've seen a bunch, other people probably have as well. Also, since the Spring season is just starting, I guess this is as good a time as any to try to introduce a thread.

Contrary to popular belief, anime is not just robots and nurses and shit. Though it may, at any time, feature those things to a greater or lesser degree. Trying to explain it is essentially like trying to characterize the basic trends of movies or television in that it's so broad a medium that one can encounter nearly anything. Hell, I have (or rather, make that had) over 500 gigabytes of it at one point.

I dunno, I'm no good at making threads, and this one will probably die a horrible death, so just pop in and say what you're watching, planning to watch, have watched, ask for recommendations, lament the good old days, or tell me to go to hell. Bonus points for doing all of those at the same time.

PSN: XuberpaddlerX
XBL: uber paddler
Brawl Code: 4296 2818 4180