Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #227
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
I think at this point everyone is trying to show their worth, and that's why Dale is trying to hard to play mechanic (in the beginning), peacemaker, psychologist, and philosopher. He's old, and he has to be thinking what his value is in such violent times. For the audience I believe he plays the role of the observer/audience. In a world gone mad, we see it through his eyes.

Rick the the leader, Shane is the enforcer, Daryl is the hunter, Glenn is the courier, the chick is the sharp shooter, Dale is the sage, Rick's wife is the village slut, and T-Dogg is the... he's the... um... the next victim (hopefully).
Not just the metaphorical observer....but the observer of common sense!

I mean come on! Lori has been sneaking away to have private convos with Shane since season 1. It's obvious she is boning him. I think Dale was on to that. I think Dale knew about Shane and Andrea right away....I think Dale sees stuff that everyone else is too retarded to notice. Except for that damn herd in Episode 1, why'd ya let me down Dale, why!?

Even though some of his stuff seemed obvious in the last episode, I really think his dialog was some of the most human dialog we have seen on the show.

The scene with Dale confronting Shane? That was BY FAR one of the best dialogs on the show so far. It felt real. Human. Like it wasn't written by George Lucas the Second, aka Kirkman and his writing team of monkeys.

If the show continues to improve like this it will be stellar stuff as it moves forward.

Even the Rick and Lori confrontation was much better done than past exchanges of forced dialog. The Rick and Lori exchanges regarding Carl were terrible. Shane and Rick's exchange last episode made me want to throw a remote at the writer's head. But this newest episode? Rick sounded like a normal fucking human.

I know people very well, and for the first time since Season 1 Episode 1, they've been getting the dialog right.

Edit: they even got some humorous dialog out of Glenn! And it was organic and didn't feel forced! I mean....I swear...it's like they hired a whole new team of dialog writers for the most recent episode.