View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #360
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Posted by Steven Yuen (actor who plays Glenn) on his Reddit AMA (ask me anything) thread:
Quote:
I think it's great that you hate Lori. When I hear something like that I smile and think about what an amazing job Sarah Wayne Callies has done and also how fearless the writing is with her character.

What I find interesting about TV and the audience reaction sometimes is that everyone tends to want each character to be likable or consistent. Even with villians, if they are consistent, they kind of like them. Then, when a villian displays some sort of warmth, they go bonkers because they love the idea of a villian with a heart of gold.

But how come it's harder to swallow when it's a good person that isn't consistently good?

I remember reading the comic and HATING Lori. I hated her because she was bipolar; irrational in one moment but then suddenly rational the next. Loving one moment, and scornful the next. But then I realized as I took a step back and looked at the whole that her character is completely necessary and makes for interesting drama.

They are in a zombie apocalypse. They are going to be inconsistent. People are going to mess up. People are going to be irrational. People are going to be selfish. People are also going to be good.