View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #619
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Last movies you saw

I just saw Wolverine Origins and I just can't believe Stan Lee let his name get attached to that film. I guess they offered him large sums of money....

Anyway, we all know Origins was shit so I'll talk about the other film I watched, which was W..

W. was not very good...at all...Oliver Stone has some good ideas, and he's a great cinematographer. And Josh Brolin did a helluva job playing George Bush Jr. I wasn't sold on him at first, but as the movie went on his acting got better and the role became believable. And that's about it. The movie was exaggerated, made too many personal implications about the Bush family, and it kept alluding to Bush's God-agenda. It portrayed Bush senior pretty negatively too. But the weirdest part is that the movie was released right before Bush finished his 2nd term...why not just wait till Bush is done?

It was an interesting biopic, but it needed more humor and less exaggeration. And this whole, "Bush is on a crusade through some higher power" this was overdone imo. I'm all for the juxtaposition of religion's peaceful message and war, but meh.

I've seen too many shitty movies in the past 72 hours. Need to go clense myself with good cinema...bleh.