Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #455
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
You do know that The Walking Dead is one of the highest rated shows on TV, right? It even beat The Big Bang Theory when head to head with the Oscars. This is a cable show going toe to toe with network TV and winning. In a few years this show won't be rebooted, it will still be on the air.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ster-down.html
I guess I should celebrate the success of a zombie TV show adapted from a comic book.

Then again, popularity has always had an interesting correlation with quality.

I'm actually in agreement with you. I think they will string this show along for a while...to what end? Cancellation? A planned finale?

It will be interesting to see. In the mean time, I enjoy the moments when the show strikes that suspenseful, post-Apocalyptic feeling, and sucks me in. Frequently, I find the pacing to be off, the drama to be forced, characters underdeveloped or inconsistently written, etc.

We know there was conflict with the creator and writers in Season 1 and 2, which explains some of the inconsistencies. I'm sure we are still feeling that. It's also hard to develop characters and plot for an ongoing show. AMC's decision to split the show into halves didn't help with the pacing either.

The hardest part for me is that I love the comics, I love the mythology and lore, and I bounce between wanting to like the show and liking the show. I like a lot of characters on the show, and I'm happy that it deviates from the comics.

As with Season 2...I feel like much of the current conflict is forced and anticlimactic. We have too much insight into Woodbury, and the Governor is a tad too humanized, imo. I have some faith in the team of writers. It's a bit too early in the season for a climax, so I expect a curve ball that is going to shock everyone. Something much bigger than the feud between Rick and the Governor.