View Single Post

Re: Final Fantasy Megathread
Old 05-09-2020, 04:23 PM   #233
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Re: Final Fantasy Megathread

I am now on Final Fantasy V. Started just yesterday. Further evidence of my apparent FF biological clock: I was looking on GameFAQs for a good walkthrough (don't want to miss anything and ain't nobody got time anymore for exploring) and I found my thread from last time I was looking for a good FAQ: dated 5/6/2010.

Lots of people back then recommended one by a person name Djibriel, but advised I would need to wait a few months for him to finish. Didn't use it then, but now I've given it a few months (or a small gross) and am using it now. Hope he had enough time to wrap it up.

First re-impressions of V is that it does fix a lot of the concerns I had with III. Jobs are viable now as soon as you jump into it and advancing in a job usually does more to power up other jobs by carrying abilities over to them encouraging the player to switch around and try out different combinations. The only box it hasn't checked for me is treating bosses like a puzzle with a particular combination or jobs most effective. There are a lot of viable options. This is very good in a lot of ways, but it gives a bit of analysis paralysis.

Current Review: Xenogears