View Single Post

Re: Occupy Wallstreet
Old 11-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #17
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Occupy Wallstreet

Quote:
So why does it make sense for Canada to lower taxes to attract jobs, but when American companies complain about high corporate taxes it's:

Like I said, when I'm joking you take me far too seriously, and when I'm not joking you don't take me seriously at all.

That whole "This is the new american way" thing was a joke. Stop focusing on that. I just found it disgusting that a small few American business owners have that mentality because it's such a childish way of thinking. Obviously I don't think every business owner is like that, nor that most people think that way. I'm not dumb, just bored.

Quote:
Logically, it makes sense for Canada to have low taxes to attract businesses. Logically, it makes sense for America to lower taxes to attract businesses. I fail to see why what is good for the goose fails to be good for the gander.

I never said it didn't make sense for the US to have low taxes to attract jobs. That sort of speaks for itself. Low taxes attract whatever is taxed low. You brought up Canada having lower corporate taxes in comparison, so I was just stating my opinion on why I think Canadian corporate taxes are lower than the US'.
No matter what your tax is, it makes sense for ours to be lower in order to attract your jobs, because your jobs will not only employ our people, but they will also bring some of yours. I'm not saying that's not a schemey way of doing things; essentially trying to coax people over the border with high-paying jobs and international connections - but it just makes sense.
Even if your country removed all corporate tax, my country would probably start some rebate campaign for American business owners to bring their companies north. That was a joke. Although it probably would happen if that impossible scenario ever existed.

Besides, what you were trying to bring up doesn't even really make sense to me right now.
American business owners are complaining that Americans want to raise taxes on American businesses, and you're asking why I think it makes sense for Canada to lower corporate tax to steal away the pissed-off business owners [the ones who'd would fire 150 American jobs per company]? I don't understand what you were trying to probe me on, in your post. Honestly, I don't.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.