Re: So question...
Old 03-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: So question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
If you are going to point fingers, let's also say that the Rebs didn't help themselves by using their fear tactics. I mean after a while it was difficult for them to come to the table with anything reasonable without completely scrapping the bill.

At least how I read it.
And the dems didn't? If you watched the health care summit, every argument that was made for the bill centered on a personal sob story. They constantly said that the bill needed to be passed NOW or else everyone was going to die and families were going to suffer.

Meanwhile the Dems offered fake numbers to the CBO so that they could pretend their bill cuts costs and deficits. Think about that: They basically lied to the CBO, the opposition party and all of us on national TV, so that we would tolerate their bill. They went into a bipartisan summit quoting those fake numbers that the opposition knew were fake. How do you compromise with a party that holds out an olive branch while at the same time lying right to your face?

As I said, if you want to point fingers, both sides can be held accountable, but in balance I have no idea how anyone could hold the Republicans more accountable for the lack of compromise.