View Single Post

Re: LOST (Almost) Tonight: (2/2 - "LA X")
Old 02-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #25
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Re: LOST (Almost) Tonight: (2/2 - "LA X")

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasecret View Post
Smoke Monster being the Nemesis who can then take on the form of dead people explains some of the strange transformations of character when it attacked people before. The ones I specifically remember, though there may be more, were the crew that crash landed along with that French chick who was on the island forever.
Yup. I thought Locke was the smoke monster based on the scene with him and Ben in the temple last season. That might actually be my first prediction that proved to be true.

In any case, my other theory is very similar to Typhoid's. Jacob now inhabits Sayid's body, which will lead to an epic clash at the temple. Interestingly, if you look at the poster for season 6 I posted a while back, Sayid assumes the role of Judas in the poster, and Locke assumes the role of Jesus. Very interesting...

And I also think mana is right with the angels overarch. I don't believe angels can theologically kill other angels, although I will have to research that. Angels also cannot tamper with God's desire for humans to have free will, which is why Jacob reminded Ben that "you have a choice."

The true magic of LOST is this mutual melding of science and religon. So often in society we are told these two worldviews at not compatible, but I believe LOST's underlying message may indeed be that they are, and are much more interesting when intertwined.