Re: Nicolas Cage shoots a girl in the chest
Old 04-18-2010, 03:58 AM   #15
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Default Re: Nicolas Cage shoots a girl in the chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
Figured I'd bump this since closest we have to a Kick-Ass thread.

Just came back from checking out the movie, and it was good fun. It was one of the best comic book movies I've seen, and its full of life and is genuinely funny. I would say it features excessive language if you are against that.

It also had a terrific climax, one of the best final fights ever.

And loved the little cues to other comic book movies, the opening theme has hints of the SUperman theme, the driving theme has hints of the Batman theme, and the fighting theme has bits of Batman Begins. Nic Cage speaks like Adam West's Batman and the final line is straight from the original Batman movie.

Some of the things were changed from the comic book, but to me actually made the movie better than the comics IMO. On the same hand, didn't read it all in a while so may change my mind.

I say give the movie a watch. I will buy when it drops on Blu.
You forgot the video game references.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. From what I read of the comic synopsis, the movie changes fit much better. It also fit for a more awesome sequel if there is a sequel, but they could leave it the way it ended and it would be good. Either way.

I just can't see Scott Pilgrim being that good.

And also for those who don't know this yet... Ashton Kutcher, romantic comedy/action film. It's happening. Soon. lololololol!