Thread: Christoph Waltz
View Single Post

Re: Christoph Waltz
Old 02-28-2010, 02:34 AM   #10
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Christoph Waltz

Christoph Waltz was insanely brilliant. His character retained a theatrical quality while still being scary...probably the scariest non-horror movie character since Chigurh from No Country For Old Men. I agree the ending cheapened his character a bit...I like manasecret's interpretation of two sides clashing at the end: serious and farce. I think Tarantino reads his film reviews and probably felt compelled to give viewer's a more Hollywood ending, because how else do you end the film? With all the good guys dying and evil prevailing?

The tension in the movie was absolutely heart pounding...and just as good as the tension in Pulp Fiction when Mia overdoes, if not better. I give huge props to Tarantino to making this film because it is his best work since Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown. I was wondering if he was going to continue doing oddball homage films but this film felt more like a cohesive effort reflecting his own ideas....

Again...I think Christoph Waltz should win best actor, pending the other films I haven't seen yet...