View Single Post

Re: Nerds on the Rocks/ Dual Wielding 7.11.10 Planning Thread
Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #268
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:
Default Re: Nerds on the Rocks/ Dual Wielding 7.11.10 Planning Thread

See, the thing is that's a very nice theoretical setup, but it's not working out that way in practice.

Quote:
DW is almost totally autonomous for the most part, and gives us a game-focused podcast for those of us who have little or no knowledge of comics, movies, etc.
1. BAB is really the only person who has an interest in comics on a regular basis. As far as I can remember, the only time comics (not comic book movies but just comics) have been discussed on the podcast is during the Cocktail Chatter section. And who exactly listens to a podcast about videogames but has no interest or knowledge of movies? It's not like we're talking about obscure films by Truffaut.

2. Every podcast is going to occasionally discuss subjects that the listeners aren't very interested in. Even a totally videogame-focused podcast will occasionally discuss something that listeners who are into videogames aren't interested in. It's the nature of the podcast.

3. If videogame subjects are totally fine to talk about on Nerds on the Rocks, then someone needs to tell that to BAB. And if that's the case, I find myself once again wondering why Dual Wielding exists since everything Dual Wielding talks about can be covered by Nerds on the Rocks.

4. If you and all the people who podcast for Dual Wielding are willing to contribute your time on a regular basis to Nerds on the Rocks in addition to your regular recording for Dual Wielding, that would be great. I'm sorry to say that quite frankly, I'm very skeptical and what's more, I think that when push comes to shove, you would rather devote your time to Dual Wielding than to Nerds on the Rocks. And I don't blame you. We all lead busy lives.

5. I have repeatedly asked for an affirmative justification for the two podcasts. Not "It's going to be fine and we'll make it work." Not "I think this all makes sense in theory." What I'm looking for is "There are two podcasts produced by GameTavern because..." Nobody has ever been able to give me that justification, and it's a real problem.

It's nothing against you or default or soccerant. I think BAB has done you a disservice by encouraging you to start your own podcast instead of just helping out with the current one which anybody could see has always had a rocky schedule. As you know, I'm not alone in thinking this way. If BAB wants to think he's The Decider, that's fine. But if he wants me and several others to give up our time for his project, he has to communicate with us. And so far, he's been failing.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed