Thread: LOST FINALE!!!!
View Single Post

Re: LOST FINALE!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #14
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS
Default Re: LOST FINALE!!!!

Epic. I loved the episode. And the ending with Jack dying was touching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
Good ep up to the last 10 min.

So it was purgatory afterall? Which the writers denied? They could have created a much better narrative if it was all going to lead up to them meeting up and being enveloped by a white light. Time travel, electromagnetism, polar bears...all pointless.
Maybe I'm confusing your thoughts here, but the whole island and all was not "purgatory", just the sideways universe was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
On a side note, I thought they handled Ben Linus well, but what happened to so many of the other castaways that never made it to the church? Echo?
These were some of my biggest questions at the end. But I think they touched on this. When they ran into Ana Lucia, I believe Desmond said she wasn't ready. Also, Ben knows the truth, but says he is not ready. I think perhaps for some, the island wasn't their defining moment in life, and so the gathering with the other survivors to move on wasn't their gathering. However, for some I would question that, such as Echo.

Btw, I heard this morning on the news that they left enough unanswered questions that they're going to have explanation shows next season. Such as, "How I Met the Smoke Monster" and such.

I have not checked if this is true. I'm assuming it's a joke until proven otherwise.