View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 08-18-2014, 01:44 AM   #1424
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Lethal Weapon 1 2 & 3. Good to revisit the good. Gonna see the 4th soon. Always Sunny in Philly inspired the rewatch.

Expendables 3 - never did see the first Expendables. This was as tolerably bad as the 2nd. meh

Non-Stop - I really disliked this Neeson go-around. Some ugly plot holes/explanations.

The Hobbit:dosmaug - I actually liked it cuz it took forever and after a thousand let-down opinions my expectations couldn't have been much lower. It kept me entertained through and I felt that it was an overall better flick than the first.

Stakeout (1987) and Another Stakeout ('93)- Any Richard dreyfuss fans here? I have only recently seen some of his movies and they've been great fun. The first Stakeout has to be one of hte funniest buddy cop movies ever. The sequal suffers from a lack of imagination and from the rather large addition of Rosie O'donnel.

The Burbs (1989) - I was expecting a funnier film. It had the goof feel down but didn't deliver imo.

Blended (2014) - Generic Sandler. Romedy formula is merciless but at least there was a few laughs from the supporting cast.

**The Grand Budapest Hotel - - This film took me off guard on my first viewing. It's powerful in a very subtle way,... I believe it serves as a comparison between prewar europe and current decades, and it talks about the intangibles in modern life, whether lived in the 30's or now. It's classic Wes Anderson but with a new maturity at felt abrasive at first but after revisiting it felt more refined and 'built' than any of his films. It shows the best of our culture, and its subjective worst, and how war has a way of tearing it all away regardless of what 'we' may want. It's been a few months but I can't wait to see it again with an eager audience.