View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 09-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #1413
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: Last movies you saw

I've also watched a few movies recently (I tend to only watch good movies, so not much negatives)

Trollhunter - Norwegian urban fantasy movie. It's basically shot documentary style, where a group of college students follow around a "troll hunter." Really great movie, with surprisingly great special effects.

Ip Man - Chinese movie about Ip Man, the guy who trained Bruce Lee. I'm pretty sure a TON of liberty was taken with revising historical events, and there's a big anti-Japanese slant (American movies do the same thing with Russians,) but it was still super good. Really great choreographed fight scenes, and they didn't go for the close up camera that prevents you from seeing what's going on during action scenes.

Headhunters - Stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the guy who plays Jaime from Game of Thrones. He was probably the reason we started watching this, but it turned out to be one of the best movies I've seen recently. It's a fast paced thriller, but what I think sets it apart from other movies is the amazing character development.