View Single Post

Re: House Passes Healthcare Bill
Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #27
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: House Passes Healthcare Bill

Quote:
The supposition in your question is incorrect. They are choosing to reduce my insurance because the option we had has been made too expensive by this bill. Either they reduce all of our coverage, or they ask us to pay more. Either way insurance costs have gone up, not down, and for many people their care will reduce because of the increased cost combined with the lack of options caused by the over regulation of health insurance competition.
Guys, please don't buy into this BS.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032301714.html

No, your care got screwed because of the status quo system, not because this bill that passed less then a week ago. While you wanted to sit on your thumbs for years and get nothing passed, your healthcare coverage was decaying.

Stories like yours is WHY change was needed, and not a result of the change.

Quote:
I was on unemployment for a brief time, and I have no disagreements with unemployment benefits. They are necessary to keep people going until they can find another job, and reduces their income to make the situation uncomfortable enough to make sure they keep looking for work. Its necessary to keep industry moving, which is in all of our own best interests. Welfare is a different matter, as it is self-sustaining poverty.
I'ma turn into Prof for a minute..

*ahem*

I've never been on unemployment in my life.. sure I've been unenployed many times, but I never took money from the government or from any company, I just know how to save my money in a bank account. I think unemployment just causes people to live beyond their means, if we took it away more people would be saving and jobs would be better because companies would have more money that they'd spend on their employees... or more money to put towards making products cheaper.. and on top of that, banks would have more money, so getting loans would be less of an issue.

Once again the government fails for starting this program, and forcing companies to pay out worthless slackers who probably got fired for a good reason.

*ahem*

Back to TheGame... maybe you don't agree with welfare, but agree with unemployment because you've actually BEEN there? Just a thought... And the vast majority of people on welfare don't feel great about taking it either.

Last edited by TheGame : 03-27-2010 at 01:35 PM.