View Single Post

Re: Iron Man 2
Old 04-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Iron Man 2

Quote:
According to Wikipedia, Tiny Toon Adventures was written head written by Tom Ruegger with assists from Jean MacCurdy, Jim Reardon and Tom Minton (among others). All of them are TV writers first, and most of them have never written a comic book.

Never heard of Ben 10, but after looking at its info, I'll give you that one as well. And then I'll raise you David S. Goyer. I feel that The Dark Knight was a much better movie than Batman Begins in large part because they kicked him off writing duties. And when he attempted to direct the third Blade movie all by himself, the results were not pretty.
On Tiny Toons, most of the DC toons and other toons such as Freakazoid, and on Lost you have Paul Dini. (Turns out comics actually came later for him). Him along with Brian K. Vaughan worked on just a couple (though those were pretty good ones if I recall) episodes of Lost. Lost as a series doesn't hold up I admit, but there were some good ones. It was a sad day when I realized they didn't have a plan.

Heh, so really there aren't too many comic book writers who make the transition from comics to something else. A lot more tv and book writers get into comics later like Joss Whedon, Stephen King, Joe Hill, Paul Dini, Greg Rucka, etc. and then jump back and forth between the mediums.

Funny, seems like Ben 10 is the only real success story for comic writers transitioning to tv. Those guys and Dwayne McDuffie who did Static Shock, Justice League, and now the head guy in charge of Ben 10.

But um yeah....how about that Iron Man.