Re: LOST 02/25/09
Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #10
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:
Default Re: LOST 02/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bube View Post
Ok, for anyone who hasn't watched the episode, this is going to have some spoilers so be warned.

Here's something that hit me. You know how everybody was around Locke after the new crash, and there was a campfire and stuff. It all seemed familiar. Like the first episode of the show. And all the missing people. And the "were you on the plane?" dialogue. And the resurrection of the man in the coffin on the flight. This all made me think, what if the first crash was somebody else trying to get to the island, and our beloved Losties were just the expendable passengers on the flight? Maybe not expendable to the people that made them get on the flight (Abaddon telling Locke to go on the roundabout, for example), but expendable to the other people who were looking for the island.
No... I understand exactly what you mean.

If that's the case though, it would be a little disheartening, as the characters we've been with for the past 5 seasons are of no real significance and are just part of continual cycle.

It would be mind boggling though.

Since Ben grew up on the island, I think he would be privy to it though. And maybe he is, we'll just have to wait and see...

Quote:
I can't really fill in the missing pieces myself, as I can't remember much from the previous seasons, but just a little theory..
I know, I have trouble remembering the past seasons too, glad I'm not the only one. That's one of the advantages of watching a series after it's already finished. You can watch all the seasons together over a period of weeks instead of years. Just go to Wikipedia and read the season summaries.