Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #1362
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
Disagree with a lot of this list

I wouldn't call Live and Let Die, You Only Live twice and ESPECIALLY Man with the Golden Gun as essential Bond films. TMWGG is my 4th least favorite Bond film. It's so dull!

I would personally bump License to Kill and On Her Majesty's Secret Service to must watch. And For Your Eyes Only would go into semi-essential.
I added The Spy Who Loved Me.

Live and Let Die is a personal favorite of mine...from the theme song, to the car and boat chase, to the awkward and cheesy race relations. I think it's a fun film. Plus...Baron Samedi.

You Only Live Twice is -- in my opinion -- underrated. Plus, the end is what gets parodied in the Simpsons, making it semi-essential nerd viewing. Plus I love the theme song again, and the gimmick (Bond dying) is good. I thought Skyfall sort of revisited some of the themes.

Man With The Golden Gun is perhaps a dull film...I just like Christopher Lee. Plus, it establishes the Golden Gun mythos.

I like OHMSS...I don't know how essential it is, just because it was in a lot of ways a one-off. The constant actor changes with Blofeld is annoying, imo.