Re: Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff
Old 04-26-2022, 04:39 PM   #107
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
Anyone have any recommendations for, like, shorter and self-contained anime? Thinking like, 52 episodes or shorter series (shorter is better) that tell a full story beginning to end. Or something like Gundam where, yeah, there's tons of it but its all in separate series that can be enjoyed on their own merits.

Basically, looking for stuff that is not Naruto or One Piece or Dragon Ball that go on forever (or that has separate series, but they continue off each other so its really all or nothing).

I've been sort of getting back into anime to an extent, but mostly watching those that I enjoyed "back in the day", but haven't revisited in a long time (lots of Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, currently watching .hack//SIGN, stuff like that). Anything newer than, like, 2005 (as in, wasn't shown on Toonami or Adult Swim until after 2005) is pretty alien to me.
I think around 2008 is probably the last time I really followed anime.

I did see one recently I thought was quite good though called Odd Taxi. Only 13 episodes. It's a crime thriller but with cute anthropomorphic animals. Also refreshing to watch an anime with characters in their 30s and 40s.

Last edited by Teuthida : 04-26-2022 at 05:53 PM.