Re: Where Republicans Fail
Old 04-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Where Republicans Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
That is both true and false. The rich are getting richer, but the poor are not getting poorer. In fact, the exact opposite is true, or at the very least it is far more complicated that we make it out to be. I could try and explain, but this guy does a much better job than I ever could.

I like how he says that data doesn't give any information about the "absolute condition" of the poor, but then goes on to throw out meaningless numbers that don't account for inflation or the lifestyle of the poor in this country. (Not to mention it's serverely out-dated)

I'm not saying he's wrong, it will take some research, but the time period he took his data from was prior to the time where redistribution of wealth to the rich by the government started to become the politically popular thing to do. AKA the whole trying to build the economy from the top down instead of the bottom up.

What I would like to see is real data on... let say, the 21-29 age group in the 1970's vs now. What percentage of people are the head of household, what percentage of people have fair credit scores, what percentage of people have full time jobs. In the 70's was it easier for a man to go out and get a high enough paying job to where he could support a house wife and kids? Maybe we could seperate the data for males and females.

If the poor makes so much more money now, how does that compare to the inflation? Did the percentage go up more then the cost of a loaf of bread, gallon of gas, etc?

Maybe it's the MIDDLE class that's getting the sour end of the stick here, while the poor is coming up and the rich is moving away.

Etc etc etc. The terms rich and poor are relative, and the value of money changes.. so the only thing worth comparing is the lifestyle.