View Single Post

Re: Game of Thrones Season 2
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #79
ZebraRampage

Now Playing: Borderlands 2
Default Re: Game of Thrones Season 2

Okay, I just finished reading all of the books less than a month ago after starting them in November, so I'll fill you guys in with what really happened in the books as opposed to what happened in the show.

Jon Snow is made to kill Ygritte after they kill the other wildings that are with her, but she gets away and he doesn't chase after her. He goes back with his companions. I won't say what happens after that because it would spoil the rest of what happens in the Frostfangs.

As Vampyr said about Bran and Rickon, they hide in the crypt and escape later, but a lot of other stuff happens at Winterfell that probably won't be addressed, and there was a conversation between Robb Stark and Roose Bolton(of the Dreadfort) that covered for this.

Also, before Theon captures Winterfell, a girl named Meera Reed and her brother Jojen Reed come from the Greywater Watch, which is at the bottom edge of the north, to tell Bran about "green dreams" that Jojen was having regarding him, which match up with his three eyed crow dream. They completely omitted these characters in the show, but they're really important. They are with Bran and Rickon when the escape. I don't know if they're going to be introduced in another way, so I hope I'm not ruining this for anyone reading this spoiler.

Petyr Baelish never meets with Catelyn Stark down in the Stormlands when she visits Renly Baratheon He also never goes to Harrenhal to meet with Tywin Lannister. The tickler isn't the one who is supposed to be killed in Harrenhal by Jaqen H'ghar, and lastly they changed Theon's sister's name from Asha to Yara. I don't know why they changed her name, but maybe it was too close to the name Osha, which is the name of the wildling lady who is serving Bran at Winterfell.

As for Dany, the dragons don't get stolen, and they changed the name of the third blood rider, but I can't remember which one it was off the top of my head. I noticed this during the first two episodes of season 2. Also, they killed off one of the bloodriders, which didn't happen in the book. All three of them should still be alive. I think one of the girls who takes care of her was also killed in the last episode as well as a lot of her "khalasar", which doesn't happen in the book, but that just backs up the stolen dragon scenario that happens.

Last edited by ZebraRampage : 05-11-2012 at 09:42 PM.