Thread: So question...
View Single Post

Re: So question...
Old 03-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: So question...

I don't remember the dems saying that people were going to die - they were saying it was possible for people to lose everything they had worked their entire lives for because they didn't have coverage.

I watched the entire process the other night, and I don't remember anyone saying people were dying - other than the fact that a person may not seek care because they were afraid of the cost.

And Republicans are acting like they never used "deem and pass", the "nuclear option", "self executing rule", or whatever other names they've cooked up to make reconciliation sound scary, during their time of power.

But you did have people shouting 'baby killer'. And before that you had republicans reading fake memos.

But like I said in the other thread, I'm happy they forced it through, one way or the other. Republicans did a lot of things I hated during their time - I don't understand why it should fall to me to be the better person and give up the things I want during a time when we finally have the majority - because the other side isn't going to do it when they get power back.