View Single Post

Re: Final Fantasy Megathread
Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #54
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Re: Final Fantasy Megathread

Regarding gil, you can play a game of Concentration on the snowcraft by holding O and pressing X about 20 times (similar to the number game in FFI). If you can beat it without making any mistakes you'll get 40,000 gil (plus some other awesome things like an Elixir). Even if make a couple of mistakes you'll learn a few thousand gil. Also, there is kind of a way to cheat it. Basically, there are only 32 combinations of characters in FFII's concentration and they also go in the same order. So if you play it once, write down where everyone is, then cancel out of it 31 times you should get that same original combination. Since its written down you'll know exactly where everyone is.

Its kind of cheap, but it'll take care of your money problems for a while. And eventually, you'll start finding so much gil in dungeons and so much extra equipment you can sell off you won't need to be worrying about gil at all. I think I ended II with over a half a million in extra gil lying around and absolutely none of it was from the snowcraft game.

As for me, I have finally passed the part I quit at last time. As I kind of hinted at before it was where you have to fight Garuda and essentially you need to either be crazy over-levelled or have a bunch of dragoons jumping around. They even have a bunch of people in game say, "Hey, beat it with a dragoon!" and practically hand you four sets of dragoon equipment. Unforunately, the first time I tried it (with dragoons) they all died, and again, and again. I figured you had to raise your dragoons job levels to crazy heights which I thought was ridiculous. So, I quit the game in frustration.

This time I pretty much had the same troubles. I died about 2-3 times before finally the cards just landed right and I was able to beat Garuda. Essentially I just had to cross my fingers that Garuda's attacks would fall after I jumped and then before I landed. And pray he didn't spam Lightning.

Anyway, I'm a bit past that now. I just received the Invincible and am now being told I have to be Dark Knights to survive the next dungeons. Gosh darn this game is annoying.

Current Review: Xenogears