Re: Paul Ryan
Old 08-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #20
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Paul Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
to be honest, I think both sides are making some pretty outrageous claims. So far the Obama camp has accused Romney of being a felon, not paying taxes for a decade (with no evidence), and murdering someone's wife with cancer.
I don't think it really compares. Republicans have been a lot more vicious and telling blatant lies. (700 billion from Medicare and no work requirement for welfare? Yeah ok) But that's how the party has always been, and it works. You tell the same lie/misleading info enough and it sticks.

As for being a felon, that was out of Obama's camp and we can argue about how valid that is. It's not like this is some cornerstone that the Obama camp is running on. You think if the republicans even had a half-reason to believe Obama was a felon they'd do anything less than harp all over it?

As for not paying taxes for a decade... why is he hiding his records? It's not like the whole birther movement, where they're requesting the president provide something that has never been asked of a president before and implying that the President of the United States isn't even an American. These records have been made public for decades and Romney chose to hide it for some reason. Romney's camp already admitted that the Obama camp can use the records against them if released. That should speak volumes by itself.

As for the murder thing.. that was an ad that was ran once and wasn't approved by Obama. They are some conspiracy theories behind it, but it is what it is.

The Republicans are strong and clear in their foul play. They're throwing fastballs right at democrat’s heads and the dems are dodging it.. while dems lob soft balls a little inside and the republicans are screaming for help. I mean, just look at the language from the "Did Obama cut Medicare" video. You don't see any of that kind of language from the left.